GCMF prides ourselves on targeting and dispersing funds into critical Granite County health efforts quickly and carefully. Between 2019 and 2020 we disbursed $96,000 into the local community for public health projects. Between 2020 and 2021 we have disbursed $25,000 into the community for the following projects.
GCMF Projects 2020-2021
- Provided $50,000 toward the construction of a new CT scanner testing facility at Granite County Medical Center in order to improve standard of care and emergency patient outcomes.
- Donated $1,500 Drummond schools’ Grab & Go Meals during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Donated $1,500 to Drummond Kiwanis Club to support their walking trail system by the Clark Fork River.
- Supported the Granite County Medical Center’s public outreach efforts, including a new website and social media channels that can help raise awareness for public health programs during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Donated $5,000 to each Drummond and Philipsburg volunteer ambulance teams.
- Provided $6,000 funding per school for Drummond and Philipsburg kids’ summer food programs. Provided administration for the Drummond program.
- Awarded $4,000 in scholarships per year to Granite County students pursuing careers in healthcare through the Philipsburg Area Education Foundation and Granite County Schools.
- Partnered with Flint Creek Trails Association to administer the 2020 Walktober fitness event. Provided funding and prizes, including two Garmin fitness watches and Flying Squirrel passes for children 12 and under who participated.
- Gave $1,200 to the PYAC (Philipsburg Youth Athletic Club), earmarked for the youth t-ball and machine pitch baseball teams.
- Provided $2,500 to the Drummond National Honor Society to support their Beyond the Backpack Program.
- Pledged $7,500 for a Food Corps Leader to assist in the Philipsburg and Drummond schools.
- Maintained local AEDs (defibrillators).
- Provided $975 to “Race For Austen” to raise awareness for suicide prevention.
- Provided $600 to the Granite County Suicide Support Group.
- Provided $700 to Granite County Healthcare Network.
- Donated to the Flint Creek Trail Association for trail system upgrades in Philipsburg (benches, signage and trees).